There are at least 138 contradictions just in the book of Matthew. Read them by clicking HERE
Christians will lie and tell that the Bible is "divinely" inspired. It seems that God was not very concerned about accuracy. One would think that if God wanted to give us a book for how to live he would have written it himself.
Here are some glaring factual flubs in the Bible aka the Word of God.
How did Judas die?
He hanged himself.
- Matthew 27:5
- And he [Judas] cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself.
He fell down and died.
- Acts 1:18
- Now this man [Judas] purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.
Where did Jesus tell his disciples to go after his resurrection?
He told them to go to Galilee.
- Matthew 28:10
- Then said Jesus unto them, Be not afraid: go tell my brethren that they go into Galilee, and there shall they see me.
- Mark 16:7
- But go your way, tell his disciples and Peter that he goeth before you into Galilee: there shall ye see him, as he said unto you
- Luke 24:49
- And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.
- Acts 1:4
- And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
To whom did Jesus make his first post-resurrection appearance?
- The two Marys
- Matthew 28:1, 9
In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.... And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.
- Mary Magdalene
- Mark 16:9
Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.
- John 20:11-14
But Mary stood without at the sepulchre weeping ... and saw Jesus standing, and knew not that it was Jesus.
- Cleopas and another
- Luke 24:13-31
And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus.... And the one of them, whose name was Cleopas, answering said unto him, Art thou only a stranger in Jerusalem, and hast not known the things which are come to pass there in these days? ... And it came to pass, as he sat at meat with them, he took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them. And their eyes were opened, and they knew him; and he vanished out of their sight.
- 1 Corinthians 15:4-5
- And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve.